To cut parsnips: Trim tops and bottoms; peel, and slice in half crosswise to separate thick and narrow parts. Halve or quarter thick parts lengthwise, until all parsnip pieces are roughly the same size (this ensures even cooking).
Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 1/2 pounds medium parsnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel 2 1/2 pounds medium parsnips; cut as directed above.
- On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss parsnips with oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spread in a single layer.
- Roast until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets and tossing parsnips halfway through baking time.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.