- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 bunch (5 ounces) arugula, tough stems removed, chopped
- For the kids (serves 2): In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions; add peas 1 minute before end of cooking. Drain; return pasta and peas to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine cream and chicken broth; simmer until thickened slightly, 7 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted.
- Add sauce to pasta and peas; toss to combine. Season with salt. Divide half the pasta among serving bowls; reserve remaining in pot for the adults.
- For the adults (serves 2): Toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat, shaking frequently, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add to reserved pasta along with arugula; season with pepper. Toss to combine, and serve immediately.
Before using, be sure to wash the arugula well in several changes of cold water to remove all the grit, then pat dry with paper towels.