Arugula Salad with Lemon Dressing
To mince the zest, use a vegetable peeler to remove lemon zest in long strips (avoid bitter white pith). Use a sharp knife to cut zest into thinner strips, then finely cut crosswise.
Everyday Food, January/February 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound (2 to 3 bunches) arugula
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- In a small jar or bowl, combine lemon zest and juice with olive oil, coarse salt, and ground pepper; shake or whisk to combine.
- Wash arugula and remove stems; place leaves in a large bowl. With a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan cheese over arugula; toss with dressing. Garnish with more grated zest, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.