- 8 to 10 ounces dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (such as Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 slices (each 1/2 inch thick) pound cake
- In a medium saucepan, bring figs, wine, and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Cover pan; remove from heat. Let stand until figs begin to soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree strawberries, sugar, and salt until smooth. Push through a fine-mesh sieve into fig mixture in saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to medium-low; simmer until sauce has thickened and figs are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide cake among four serving plates; top with sauce.
To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.