Best Beef Burgers
Burgers are an American classic. Make them your own with toppings such as cheese slices, sliced beefsteak tomatoes, raw red and white onion (also tasty when grilled), ketchup, mustard, pickles, jalapenos, mayonnaise, and Boston lettuce leaves.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 Minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine beef, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- Place patties on hottest part of grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move patties to cooler part of grill; continue grilling until desired doneness, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
- Split the hamburger buns and toast on the grill if you like; place a burger on each bun and serve with the desired accompaniments.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.