- 1 to 2 celery roots (about 3/4 pound total), peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon white rice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat (1 percent) milk
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place celery roots, rice, garlic, and milk in a medium saucepan; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until roots are tender, 15 to 20 minutes (milk may look curdled).
- Pour contents of pan into a food processor; add butter, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with Lamb Chops with Mint Sauce and Mushrooms.
Cover surface with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 1 day. To serve, remove plastic, and reheat in microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. If necessary, add milk to thin.