To make these cocktails, cucumber-infused vodka is garnished with cucumber ribbon and mixed with ginger simple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 2 English cucumbers; 1 peeled and coarsely chopped, 1 left whole
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 bottles (750 mL each) sparkling water
- 1/2 to 1 cup <u>Ginger Simple Syrup</u>
- Put vodka and chopped cucumber in a nonreactive container. Refrigerate 1 hour. Strain; discard cucumber. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, up to 2 days.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining cucumber lengthwise into wide strips; discard seeds.
- Fill eight tumblers with ice. Add 3 cucumber strips and 3 tablespoons infused vodka to each glass. Squeeze, then drop, a lime wedge into each. Top with sparkling water; stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons syrup.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.