Swiss Chard Bundles With Sun Dried Tomato and Ricotta Filling
- 1 1/2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 large bunches Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling and brushing
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Remove from heat, and allow to sit 1 hour. Drain, discarding water. Coarsely chop drained tomatoes (there should be about 1/4 cup packed). Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pine nuts on a small baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice bath, and set aside. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Choose the twelve largest Swiss chard leaves. Add one leaf at a time to boiling water, and blanch for 10 seconds. Place each leaf in ice bath to cool. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain. Roughly chop remaining chard (there should be 4 to 5 cups). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Add chopped chard and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until chard is wilted, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to medium bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Add pine nuts and ricotta to chard mixture. Season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a blanched leaf facedown on work surface. Cut out thickest part of stalk to about 1/3 the length of the leaf. Place a scant 1/2 cup of cheese mixture slightly off center toward bottom of leaf. Fold bottom of leaf over mixture. Fold in sides. Fold leaf over, to completely enclose contents. Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Heat a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium heat. Brush lightly with oil. Grill packets until lightly charred and heated through, about 2 minutes per side. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.