Martha Stewart Living Television
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- 3 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 4 firm bananas
- 4 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Butter a large shallow baking dish, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- Peel, and cut bananas diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Add bananas to prepared dish, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cardamom, and salt. Dot with butter. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bake until bubbling, about 8 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.