- 1/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 ball <u>Hazelnut Pizza Dough</u>
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, cut crosswise into rings
- 3 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- <u>Tomato Sauce</u>
- 4 1/2 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven, preferably convection, to 500 degrees. Place pepper, mushrooms, and onion in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
- Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a 9 1/2-inch round; transfer to baking sheet. Drizzle dough with oil, and spread tomato sauce on top leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Place pepper mixture on top of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crust is golden brown and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
Pizza may also be prepared on a pizza peel and carefully transferred to a preheated pizza stone, set in oven, for cooking.