Warm Plum Sauce
This is a fresh alternative to bottled hoisin sauce, the traditional accompaniment to moo shu pork.
Martha Stewart Living, May 1996
- 4 large plums, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large clove garlic, very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds; cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens and the plums have softened and broken down to the consistency of a chunky preserve, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer plum sauce to a serving dish, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.