No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Cookies
Get kids helping out in the kitchen with this great starter recipe. Serve these tasty treats cool and sliced into squares.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Mad Hungry, October 2010
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with wax paper or baking parchment. Place the corn syrup and sugars in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and mix well to combine. Quickly stir in the vanilla and Rice Krispies. Spread into the lined baking pan. Cool and slice into squares.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.