Chopped Romaine Salad
To make croutons: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 2 hero rolls (each 3 ounces) into 3/4-inch cubes; scatter on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon dried oregano; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Bake until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool before using.
Everyday Food, November 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Reserved romaine leaves from Romaine-Heart Salad, washed, dried well, and chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with croutons. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.