This fudge can be made with white-chocolate chips instead of the semisweet. If desired, mix an additional cup crushed peppermint candies into the chocolate mixture.
Source: Martha Stewart Kids
- Yield Makes 24 two-inch pieces
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with two strips of waxed or parchment paper (one lengthwise, one crosswise) so ends overhang sides of pan; coat evenly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Put sugar, salt, butter, cream, and marshmallows in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until butter and marshmallows are almost melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Pour mixture into lined pan.
- Let fudge cool in the pan at room temperature 3 hours. Use edges of paper to lift out fudge; place on cutting board, and remove paper. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters, and top with crushed mints.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.