Banana, Ham, and Cheese Sandwich
The alternating layers of cheese, when melted, hold everything together in a tidy package. Serve a vegetable on the side for a well-balanced meal.
Martha Stewart Baby, Spring
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced (20 slices)
- 1/4 pound ham, thinly sliced (8 slices)
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Top a slice of bread with 2 cheese slices; top with 2 ham slices and another cheese slice. Arrange banana slices on top, and cover with 2 more cheese slices and bread. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in skillet until golden on one side. Flip, and cook until cheese has melted and bottom is golden brown. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.