Cumin Coriander Mousseline
Yield Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons toasted ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- Pinch of fresh lime zest
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the oil, starting with one drop at a time. When the mixture starts to look thick and creamy, continue whisking, while pouring the oil into the bowl in a slow steady stream. Fold in the whipped cream, coriander, cumin, and lime zest.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.