Try one of our other thumbprint variations:
Raspberry Thumbprints; Ganache Thumbprints; Dried-Fruit Thumbprints; Candied Orange Peel Thumbprints;
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
- <u>Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough</u>
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in finely chopped nuts, if using. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart.
- Press a well into the center of each using your finger. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, and press well again with handle end of a wooden spoon. Bake until firm, 7 to 9 minutes more.
- Let cool completely. Spoon jam filling into thumbprints.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.