Try one of our other thumbprint variations:
Candied Orange Peel Thumbprints
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
- 1/2 batch <a href="/recipe/chocolate-cookie-dough">Chocolate Dough</a> + 1/2 batch <a href="/recipe/basic-vanilla-dough">Vanilla Dough</a>, marbleized
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon fruit jam
- To marbleize dough, roll out a 1/2-inch-thick rope of Chocolate Dough. Roll out a 1/2-inch-thick rope of Vanilla Dough. Pinch off a 3/4-inch piece from each rope. Roll together into 1 ball. Arrange balls on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart.
- Press a well into the center of each using your finger. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, and press well again with handle end of a wooden spoon. Bake until firm, 7 to 9 minutes more.
- Let cool completely. Spoon dried fruit mixed with fruit jam into thumbprints.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.