Fennel and Orange Salad
Photography: Con Poulos
Everyday Food, November 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 navel oranges
- 3 to 4 fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds total), ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced, crosswise, plus 1/4 cup roughly chopped fennel fronds (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off both ends of each orange. Following the curve of the fruit, cut away the peel and white pith. Halve orange from top to bottom; thinly slice crosswise. Transfer oranges, along with any juices that have accumulated on work surface, to bowl with dressing. Add fennel and, if desired, fronds. Toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.