Romaine Salad with Corn and Chili-Avocado Dressing
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips (4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into a large dice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, corn, tomatoes, and three-quarters of the avocado; set aside.
- In a blender combine remaining one-quarter avocado, 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over salad, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.