- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (half of a 17.3-ounce package) sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar, for sprinkling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. On a lightly floured work surface, unfold pastry sheet; roll out to a 12-inch square. With a sharp knife or pizza wheel (and using a ruler as a guide, if desired), cut into four equal squares. Place on prepared baking sheet; refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together jam and raspberries.
- Assemble turnovers: After chilling pastry squares, spoon jam mixture in center of each square. Using a pastry brush, dampen edges with water in a 1-inch border. Fold dough in half diagonally, over filling. Press edges to seal; with a fork, crimp to make a 3/4-inch border. Brush top of pastry with water; sprinkle with the sugar. With the tip of a paring knife, cut three small slits in the top (for steam vents).
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.while turnovers are chilling.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes (some jam may bubble up through vents). Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack; cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Unbaked turnovers can be frozen for up to three months; freeze on the baking sheet until firm, about two hours, then transfer to resealable storage bags. Bake frozen turnovers on a baking sheet as directed in step 3, without thawing.