Onion and Golden Raisin Chutney
This chutney recipe is courtesy of "Everyday Food" host Sarah Carey and is used to make her Broiled Chicken with Onion and Golden Raisin Chutney.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, halved and sliced crosswise (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and salt and cook, stirring often, until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until onions are caramelized and evenly brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add raisins and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, until raisins have plumped and begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the water is evaporated and pan is dry, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until evaporated; keep warm until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.