Baked Potato Ice Cream Sundaes
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 to 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 cup cocoa powder, for coating
- 2 cups whipped cream, for serving
- Dark green sprinkles, for serving
- Chocolate Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/282897/chocolate-sauce)
- Have ready 4 sheets of plastic wrap. Place 3 generous scoops of ice cream on each sheet; gather ends lengthwise and mold into the shape of a baked potato. Set each on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap to hold in place; transfer to freezer to firm, about 1 hour. Repeat 3 more times.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; mix in yellow food coloring. Using an offset spatula, spread yellow butter 1/4 inch thick on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 20 minutes. Cut into 1-inch "butter pats," and set aside.
- Unwrap frozen "potatoes," and coat with cocoa powder. Draw a knife through the cocoa on top of each "potato" to expose the inside. Top with whipped cream, green sprinkles for "chives," and "butter pats." Serve immediately with chocolate sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.