Pear Batter Cake
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus more for pie dish
- 3 Comice or Bartlett pears
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie plate; set aside. Peel, halve, and core the pears. Slice the pears lengthwise 1/4-inch-thick. Arrange pear slices in baking dish in a slightly overlapping circular pattern; set aside.
- In a blender, process, butter, milk, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs, and salt, until smooth.
- Pour batter over pears and bake until golden, and firm to the touch, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature dusted with confectioners' sugar.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.