- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup soy flakes
- 1 cup wheat flakes
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put oats, flakes, sugar, nuts, zest, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Melt butter with honey in a saucepan over low heat; stir into oat mixture.
- Spread mixture in a 7-by-11-inch baking pan; bake until just golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool in pan (mixture will harden). Break cooled mixture into large chunks.
Granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to ten days. Soy and wheat flakes can be found at health-food stores.