Coconut and Citrus Salad
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups torn (1 medium head) green-leaf lettuce
- 2 peeled oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut and almonds in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, tossing once, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, add oil in a slow steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce with oranges and apple. Add coconut and almonds; toss salad with vinaigrette as desired. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.