Martha Stewart Living Television, December
Yield Makes one 9-inch pie
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 recipe Pate Brisee (http://www.marthastewart.com/254603/pate-brisee-pie-dough)
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Place the pastry in a 9-inch pie plate that has been set on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and press it into the bottom edges and along the sides. Trim the pastry using scissors or a sharp paring knife. Crimp or decorate the edges of the pastry, if desired. Transfer to freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop 1 1/4 cups pecans; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine eggs granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Add dark and light corn syrups, butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until well combined. Add chopped pecans, and stir to combine. Pour into prepared crust.
- Arrange remaining 1 1/4 cups pecan halves decoratively over top of pie. Bake on a Silpat-lined baking sheet until crust is golden, filling is firm, and a cake tester inserted in center of pie comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Serve with whipped cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.