Farfalle with Salmon, Mint, and Peas
Pasta plus five other ingredients (and a little salt and pepper) makes a great meal.
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 1 pound farfalle, or other short pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Juice and finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper, and place in a medium skillet. Add 1/4 cup water and lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, and continue to steam, covered, until peas are tender and salmon is opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Slide entire contents of skillet onto pasta; add butter and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Toss carefully to combine, gently breaking salmon into large flakes. Add reserved pasta water as necessary to smooth sauce. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional mint, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.