Asparagus with Mint Butter
You'll have more than enough mint butter for the tender asparagus. Try melting a bit over lamb chops or fresh peas -- classic partners for the herb.
Photography: Katie Quinn Davies
Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- <b>FOR THE BUTTER (MAKES 1/2 CUP)</b>
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- <b>FOR THE ASPARAGUS</b>
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Coarse salt
- Garnish: mint leaves
- Make the butter: Melt butter with mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until just bubbling around edges.
- Make the asparagus: Cook asparagus in a pot of salted boiling water until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons mint butter over asparagus, and toss gently to coat. Garnish with mint leaves.
Mint butter can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.