Teapot Applique Tea Towels
Dress up a plain tea towel with a cute teapot applique.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- Download teapot template, print onto cardstock, and cut out with craft scissors.
- Choose a fun, graphic, patterned fabric for your applique (we used Liberty of London prints) and prewash fabric to reduce shrinkage.
- With fabric scissors, cut square or rectangular piece of fabric to fit template. Then, cut a piece of Steam-A-Seam fusible webbing slightly smaller than fabric piece.
- Follow package directions to iron fusible webbing onto back of fabric, leaving release paper in place. Allow paper-backed fabric to cool.
- Using a black marker, trace template onto fusible webbing paper backing and cut out.
- Peel paper backing from applique to expose fusible webbing and, with the fabric side up, position applique onto tea towel in desired position.
- Follow package directions to secure applique to tea towel with iron.
- Teapot template
- Card stock
- Craft scissors
- Patterned fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Steam-A-Seam fusible webbing
- Black marker
- Tea towel
Resources: Steam-A-Seam available from The Warm Company. Liberty of London prints available from B&J Fabrics. All other tools and materials available at your local craft and fabric supplies stores.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.