Blue Cheese Dressing
Source: Everyday Food, September 2006
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir in shallot and blue cheese, breaking up large pieces of cheese with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
Try blue cheese dressing over crisp and crunchy greens, such as romaine or iceberg lettuce, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.