Balsamic Marinated Skirt Steak
For a just-right side dish, mix up our Basic Potato Salad, replacing the mayo with 1/2 cup olive oil and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
Everyday Food, June 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces
- Oil, for grates
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pierce meat all over with a fork; add to marinade, and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Heat grill to high; oil grates. Remove steaks from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Grill steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.