Everyday Food, April 2009
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup Arborio or long-grain rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a deep, 9-inch microwave-safe dish with a tight-fitting lid, combine butter and thyme. Microwave until butter has melted and thyme is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Microwave until mushrooms have released their liquid, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same dish, combine rice, broth, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave 9 minutes. Stir in 2 cups water, and microwave until rice is tender, 9 minutes more.
- Stir in mushroom mixture; microwave until risotto is heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. (If risotto is too thick, add water as needed.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.