Use to make Hot and Hot Fish Club chef Chris Hastings's Oyster Dressing and Giblet Gravy.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 1 turkey neck
- Giblets from 1 turkey liver, reserved
- <u>Heritage Turkey with Oyster Dressing</u>
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot along with 8 cups water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced to about 6 cups, about 1 1/2 hours; strain, reserving giblets. Let cool completely. Stock may be kept refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.