Shaved Asparagus Salad
This very tasty shaved asparagus salad is both refreshing and healthy, and it's an interesting twist on a simple salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2007
- 12 ounces jumbo asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 daikon (about 8 ounces), peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 12 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin slices of asparagus into a medium bowl. Cut ends of both the carrots and radish on a slight bias, and peel thin strips of each into the bowl with the asparagus; toss together. Sprinkle with mint.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, and mustard. While continuing to whisk, drizzle oil into the bowl until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over the vegetables and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.