Spice Rub for Deep-Fried Turkey
This great spice rub for deep-fried turkey was first seen in the November 1996 issue of Martha Stewart Living.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
Yield Makes enough for one 15-pound turkey
- 25 medium dried bay leaves
- 3 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons Konriko brand, or other hot Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Finely grind bay leaves in a spice grinder; transfer to a small bowl. Finely grind thyme, oregano, and peppercorns separately; add to bay leaves. Mix in Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.