Chocolate Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
We've dressed up our Classic Pound Cake recipe with chocolate and a peanut butter glaze.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
For the Cake
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup best-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 4 sticks softened unsalted butter, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 large, room-temperature eggs
For the Topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter two 5-by-9-inch loaf pans. Combine all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, for 8 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to medium, and add vanilla extract.
- Lightly beat eggs, and add to mixer bowl in 4 additions, mixing thoroughly after each and scraping down sides. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 4 additions, mixing until just incorporated. Divide batter between pans. Tap on counter to distribute; smooth tops.
- Bake until a tester inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Make peanut butter glaze: Warm peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add milk, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cakes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.