- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus 1 tablespoon cut into 4 pats
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 large leeks (about 2 1/2 pounds), white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, rinsed well (6 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Lobster Stock and Meat (http://www.marthastewart.com/263355/lobster-stock-and-meat), 1 cup stock; 3 cups meat, cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs with dill seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover potatoes with water by 2 inches in a medium stockpot. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Mash potatoes or pass through a ricer. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter, the milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in yolks.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in lobster and dill, and divide among four 10-ounce baking dishes. Top each with 3/4 cup potato mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border, and a butter pat. Garnish with dill sprigs. Bake on a baking sheet until bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be doubled, but be sure to add three extra lobsters when you make the lobster stock and meat.