Fig and Berry Trifle
Just a few minutes of last-minute assembly are needed to serve this summery dessert; the cake and lemon curd can be made several days in advance.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1997
- 1 pint (about 18) green or black figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 pint mixed berries, such as red raspberries, golden raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries, large ones hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur
- <u>Yellow Genoise Cake</u>
- Lemon Curd Filling (http://www.marthastewart.com/257443/lemon-curd-filling)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Combine figs and berries in a small bowl. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and liqueur. Let sit, tossing gently once or twice, until juicy, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice cake into twelve 3-inch squares (you will have a few extra squares), and toast in the oven until golden brown in color, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange half the toasted cake squares on 6 serving plates. Spoon the lemon curd and the fruit over the cakes. Cover each with another slice of cake, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.