Basic guacamole is spiced up with Serrano chiles; if you prefer it less spicy, remove the ribs and seeds from the peppers.
Mad Hungry, April 2011
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 Serrano chiles, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 small tomato chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, chiles, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and salt.
- Crush the avocados into the onion mixture, leaving the mixture chunky.
- Fold in the tomatoes. Sprinkle over remaining cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or other toasty corn product.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.