Chocolate-Almond Wood-Grain Bark
Faux bois, a wood-grain pattern, is a beautiful way to showcase the two types of chocolate used in this bark.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Yield One 8-by-12-inch sheet
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring. Spread white chocolate onto an 8-by-12-inch food-safe plastic wood-grain texture mat (chineseclayart.com) using a small offset spatula. Scrape off excess chocolate, using spatula, until the thinnest layer possible is left on mat. Transfer mat to a baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring. Mix in almonds. Spread mixture onto white chocolate in an even layer. Refrigerate
until firm, about 1 hour. Peel away mat.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.