Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- Vegetable oil, for baking sheet
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Heat sugar, corn syrup, and 3 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook, without stirring, until deep amber. Stir in nuts. Spread mixture into prepared sheet. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break praline into pieces, then coarsely grind in a food processor.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.