Lightly caramelized fruit makes for a great healthy start to your day.
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 1 pink or red grapefruit, halved
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. With a paring knife, loosen grapefruit segments from membranes and pith.
- Sprinkle grapefruit with sugar and cinnamon. Broil on a baking sheet until tops are slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top with yogurt, and garnish with more cinnamon.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.