Sparkling Shiraz Punch
Wine adds dimension to a punch instantly. This drink incorporates sparkling Shiraz, and is a good recipe to have in your repertoire -- it can be made in minutes.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- 15 mint sprigs
- 1 ounce whipping-quality pasteurized egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 2 bottles sparkling Shiraz
- 3 liters club soda
- 1 1/2 cups St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- Brush mint with egg white. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar, and let dry on a wire rack. Mix lemon juice and remaining sugar in a large punch bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add Shiraz, club soda, and liqueur. Serve with ice, and garnish with sugared mint sprigs.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.