Dehydrated Balsamic Onions
Yield Makes enough for 4 servings of soup
- 1 small red onion, sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Villa Manodori balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Separate onion slices into rings. In a small bowl, combine onion, vinegar and oil; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature for 2 hours. Remove onion rings and place them in a single layer on a nonstick drying sheet. Reserve any marinating juices for garnish. Place in dehydrator set at 105 degrees until tender and still slightly moist, about 2 1/2 hours. Remove, and set aside.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.