Martha Stewart Living Television
- 5 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced (4 to 5 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sliced peaches and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Toss to coat peaches evenly with sugar. Set aside until sugar melts and peaches begin to extract their juice, about 10 minutes.
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper. Place eight 8-ounce baking dishes on prepared baking pans. Place 1 tablespoon butter in the bottom of each baking dish. Transfer to oven until butter is melted and bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add milk slowly, whisking until completely combined. Divide batter evenly among hot baking dishes. Spoon an equal amount of peaches with their juice into the center of each baking dish, keeping an outer edge of batter. Return to oven, and bake until tops are golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.