Boston Lettuce Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
This delicious salad recipe is adapted from the October 2001 issue of Martha Stewart Living.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Leaves from 1 large head Boston lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, salt, celery seed, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Place lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl; drizzle over dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Store any remaining dressing, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.