Curried Scallops With Egg Noodles
Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon plus a pinch curry powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup <u>Homemade Chicken Stock</u>
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces egg-noodle fettuccini
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 teaspoon curry powder, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Dredge scallops in flour mixture, tapping off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil until very hot over medium-high heat. Add scallops, being sure not to crowd them. Sear until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter, and keep warm.
- Add chicken stock and cream to the pan. Bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Season with the pinch of curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- While scallops are cooking, add salt and fettuccini to boiling water, and cook until noodles are al dente according to manufacturer's directions (about 5 minutes). Drain fettuccini, and add to sauce. Toss to combine. Transfer to a platter. Top with scallops, and garnish with parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.