The word affogato means "drowned" in Italian. Complete any meal with this elegant -- and easy-to-make -- dessert.
This recipe comes from Everyday Food, and was also featured on the January 16, 2007 episode of "The Martha Stewart Show."
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- About 1 cup hot espresso
- Sambuca, Grand Marnier, or Frangelico, optional
- Whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- Crushed espresso beans, for garnish, optional
- Biscotti, for serving, optional
- Divide ice cream evenly between 4 serving dishes. Pour about 1/4 cup espresso over each dish of ice cream. Add liquor, if using, and garnish as desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.