Chocolate Fudge Filling
Use this chocolate filling when making Sparkling Vanilla Sandwich Cookies.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place chocolate chips, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Heat evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate mixture; let stand until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla, whisk until filling is smooth and well combined.
- Transfer chocolate filling to refrigerator; let chill until slightly firm, but still spreadable, about 2 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.